ERAMEN MINERALS INC
Environmental Protection and Enhancement Program (EPEP)
The goal of EPEP is to ensure that the environmental impact of our operation will be kept under control and to bring back, if not improve, the original condition of land before mining. To date, ERAMEN has spent a total of PHP 258,549,958.28 to pursue this goal. Activities under EPEP primarily include:
- Temporary Revegetation – to minimize enhanced soil erosion, mine areas shall be limited to only 60 hectares. Other opened areas, even if they’re not yet mined-out, will be planted with different fast-growing species such as bamboo to provide immediate vegetation cover
- Progressive Rehabilitation – mined-out areas undergo permanent reforestation to bring back the original condition of land. However, to further improve the area, Eramen reforestation applies agroforestry wherein high-value plants such as fruit-bearing trees are planted alongside forest tree species
- Environmental Impact Control Measures – Eramen constructs and/or install different structures to maintain the quality of air and water during operation. This include settling ponds, settling traps, and drainage belts to control enhanced erosion in mine areas and watering of roads for dust generated during hauling.
- Environmental Quality Monitoring – air and water quality are regularly monitored to ensure that they remain under DENR standards.
- Waste Management – Eramen strictly implements protocol on handling and disposal of solid and hazardous waste
|Species||Outplanted seedlings||Species||Outplanted seedlings|